Absurd Case With Chargeback From Customer With Negative PayPal Balance

friendlys
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm writing here because I don't know what else to do. I emailed PayPal about this five times and all I'm getting are generic replies. I'm trying to call and nobody is picking up the phone because of the situation with coronavirus.

So here's what happened.

- A customer bought something on my website for $5.00.

- The customer apparently had a negative PayPal balance of $109.64.

- The customer was charged $114.64 (my $5.00 plus the $109.64) and this appears to be on a single transaction. In other words, PayPal seems to have added the $109.64 for the customer's negative PayPal balance into MY $5.00 sale.

- I obviously collected only $5.00 and I'm guessing PayPal has collected their $109.64 since the customer was charged $114.64 (he sent me screenshots of everything, including one that clearly shows his negative PayPal balance).

- The customer files a dispute with their credit card company to dispute PayPal's charge of $109.64. Note he did not dispute the total ($114.64) but ONLY the amount PayPal charged him ($109.64).

- PayPal deducts $5.00 from my account (the amount of the actual sale) and charges ME an extra $20.00 for the chargeback.

I cannot get them to acknowledge the situation. They are simply sending me generic replies about how frustrated I must be my customer initiated a chargeback...

This is absurd.

Not only did they add their own claim to the customer's negative balance to MY sale - they are now charging ME for the dispute. And they are refusing to acknowledge the situation after FIVE emails where everything was detailed as clearly as above.

If anyone has had a similar experience and has any thoughts, I'm all ears...

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.