20$ debit fee for chargeback??

Darciukas
Contributor
Contributor
So recently I got scammed out of 20$(2 products by 10$) while selling digital products by an Ebay buyer. They submitted a case because apparently it was an "unauthorized purchase". I lost the case because buyer protection doesn't protect sellers of digital goods and I lost my 20$. I thought "well, I can pay that". But then I noticed that they charged 20$ debit fees for EACH transaction. Now I have 60$ negative balance and I'm not planning to pay.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MikMikey
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal does not have any protection for digital goods sales, even though it states "If this is a digital goods transaction, please provide the download date and time for the associated purchase through the Resolution Center to help us dispute your case."

Every time I disputed the case, I lost the case, I lost my product (they redeemed it) and I lost $20 for each transaction.

There is no way to win, no matter what proof you give paypal, YOU WILL LOSE. It is better to take the loss on the product by giving a refund, than to dispute with evidence, and then you lose $20 on top of the loss of the product. 

I recently had 3 disputes in a row for 3 of the same products, by different "users" (they are obviously the same, since they purchased all at the same time, and disputed all at the same time), but I had no choice but to refund or face the wrath of losing more money. 

Login to Me Too

Jmasta806
Contributor
Contributor
I loaned a friend money and he paid me back through PayPal then called card company and said they were unauthorized charges. I have texts that show he agreed to it and a long history with him and all a sudden last 3 payments were taken out of my account and a 60$ fee total was $345 dollars. Of course PayPal does nothing. And it will be a cold day in hell before I give them 60 bucks for this.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.