sign-up process gets stuck at the phone number verification

1dering1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm  helping  a Ukrainian refugee to open  a Paypal account. She is a Ukraine citizen, with Ukrainian credit card, bank account and phone number, but  she is in Israel currently). So  at the beginning of the sign up process it asks to enter a phone number. She  enters her  Ukrainian  phone number , click on Next and it gets stuck here, with the loading sign  keep  spinning   for awhile. Then it brings you back to the previous page with the error message on top "Try again or start over — this may help fix the problem".   What could be an issue? If the issue is with the Israeli IP  how she  can still open  a Paypal account? 

pp1.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @1dering1

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. I can certainly appreciate wanting to help someone in need during these trying times. Normally, you need to be present in the country you're trying to register the account for. However, I don't believe you would be able to create an account registered in Israel with Ukrainian financials or personal details, and I don't believe you'd be able to open a Ukrainian account while present in Israel. 

My apologies for the inconvenience this may cause, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.