problem adding phone number Germany

lricardo
New Community Member

Hello, 

I moved to Germany, and I got a new mobile phone number, the mobile operator gives me a number like this:
015XXX XXXXXX (015 + 9 digits)

Which I think it would be something like this in the international form:
+49 15 XXX XXXXXX

I'm adding a number like this one to my Paypal account, I'm not including any zero. when I press the button "Add Phone Number" I only get a message error that says "Your phone number needs to be shorter. Update it to continue."

I'm not sure how to proceed to add my phone number to my account.

I've already used the same number for another online service and it worked flawlessly, without any error in the length and I was able to receive SMS messages.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestion.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lricardo 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to close your old Paypal account and open a new Paypal account registered in the country where you now live. You would then need to add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Waldemar86

it is sad, that Paypal is not offering - nor in App or browser - to get information that the user have to contact customer service. 

If the phone number, or both of them, are not current or accessible anymore, then you cannot verify your identity. 

Dear PO of the App Team: 
As a user I want to get the information "Please contact our customer service to add a new phone number". 

Find the local phone number for help here: https://www.paypal.com/de/smarthelp/contact-us?locale.x=en

This helps to move along and then get access again to Paypal, otherwise me as user cannot get the access and get frustrated! 

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.