how do I change my country on Paypal?

Samanthacoo
New Community Member

I emigrated to New Zealand over 2 years ago and have changed my address in Paypal. however I can't remove UK from my address and have to clarify every time I buy something that postage is to NZ and not to just print the address off PayPal. Any ideas??

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

Jhaveman

THANK YOU!

Louis, this worked beautifully! Now I can keep all my transaction records and also move forward.

Login to Me Too

vinal

after I close my old paypal account. is it the money in old account will go to the new one?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No, you need to withdraw those funds first to your bank account BEFORE you close the account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lnanikian
New Community Member

Hi Sibhan,

Is there a time for the old email adress to be cleared for your system so I use it again with a new adress?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

snikolaidis
New Community Member

Siobhan, hello from Malta.

Based on your email (and on the offical help desk also), I have to close my account and cretae a new one. Can I use the same email address in the new account? How long is the minimum time in order to do so?

Thank you in advance!

Stratos

Login to Me Too

sheepywelsh
New Community Member

So you have to create a whole new account just to change or add a bank account from another country? This is really retarded, I honestly can't be assed to do that. Easier to just go there and give them the cash myself.

Login to Me Too

Rstanley
Agreed - its asinine. Every time I use PayPal as a casual consumer I find it so annoying. I use it less and less because of the constant barriers they throw up to getting things done. People move from time to time idiots. Let us update our details. My bank allows for it without problem...
Login to Me Too

Torus
New Community Member

Hi, I have moved countries and I still have funds in my PayPal account in the UK. How do I change my account details so that I can use my funds in my new country of residence? Please let me know ASAP as your customer service email system is useless. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi Torus,

I understand this situation can be annoying. I am afraid, when you move to another country, you need to close your PayPal account and create a new account using your new address. It's not possible to change the address on your PayPal account to a new country. Best option is to withdraw your funds into a bank account then close your PayPal account.

If you have addresses in both countries, you can keep your PayPal account and create a new one, but only one of your accounts (if any) should be a Business account. You'll need to use different email addresses for each account. An email address cannot be registered to two separate PayPal accounts.

Here’s how to close your old PayPal account:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon near the top of the page.
  3. Under 'Account options', click Close your account and then follow the instructions.

We may ask you to confirm ownership of the account before closing it.

After you close your account, any transactions that are in progress are cancelled.

Here’s how to create a new PayPal account:

1. Go to www.paypal.com
  2. Click Sign Up at the top of the page.
  3. Select your country or region and your language.
  4. Select the type of account you want to create, and then click Get Started.
  5. Enter your information, and then click Agree and Create Account.

After you have confirmed your email address, you can use your new account.

I hope this info helps.

Thanks for posting!

Arda

Login to Me Too

h2n

I live in 3 countries.

This makes it very very complex.

May I ask why you can't make this easy for us?

thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.