how do I change my country on Paypal?

Samanthacoo
New Community Member

I emigrated to New Zealand over 2 years ago and have changed my address in Paypal. however I can't remove UK from my address and have to clarify every time I buy something that postage is to NZ and not to just print the address off PayPal. Any ideas??

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lois5107 

Yes you should be able to once you have closed the old account.

But i would leave it a while before trying as although paypal say you can others have had issues doing so, so i would leave at least 72 hours to allow paypals system to play catch up.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gabriel022
New Community Member
Hi everyone, I have a big problem regarding the country that appears in my account. I live in Italy but my account is American, therefore I cannot verify my account or receive and give money via paypal, what should I do? Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too

lamoinfosys
New Community Member

Hello Team,

I'm from India and by mistake i entered wrong country. I didn't found any solution for this, some amount is available in my account. Now i can't add any bank account of India in my account.

So how to change my nationality in my account, so i add Indian bank account to get money.

Please help me out.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

allansengo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I've moved countries and I wish to change my current address to a Polish address, where I'm currently residing.

I have money on the account and I can't withdraw because my new back accounts cards from the new location, are not linked with the old billing adress. So is there a possibility of changing countries & addresses given that I have money on the account, without having to close the account? 

Best Regards

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@allansengo 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

wildme
New Community Member

Can anyone please help me? I have left Australia and want to change my country of residence in my paypal account but when I try to log in it says they'll send a code to my old Aussi phone number that doesn't exist now. Keeps going in circles. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wildme 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

w2j
New Community Member

I would like to change my account from Paypal USA to Paypal Kenya and connect Paypal mobile money with mpesa service. I would also like to add a Kenyan issued debit card.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@w2j 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20210512b
New Community Member

Hello

I was move to other country and after that I try to change my phone and address but it wasn't work.

when I want to log in the security of Paypal  want to send the code from my last number but I can't answer so they block my account.

By the way I was try to call for Paypal in Taiwan but I cant.

Please tell me what can I do?

Thank you so much

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.