how do I change my country on Paypal?

Samanthacoo
New Community Member

I emigrated to New Zealand over 2 years ago and have changed my address in Paypal. however I can't remove UK from my address and have to clarify every time I buy something that postage is to NZ and not to just print the address off PayPal. Any ideas??

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

jmonteiro
Contributor
Contributor

that's the stupidiest official response I ever read.

whats the sense in creating a fake email just to be able to use paypal on my both bank accounts?

whats the sense in closing my paypal account just to change country or bank account?

should I be closing and opening accounts every time I'm making a payment here and there?

whats next? You'll be telling me to close my bank accounts abroad? forge a fake identity?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi Samanthacoo, welcome to the PayPal community.

Due to banking regulations, you can not change your address to a country that is different from the country you used when you opened your account. If you're moving abroad, you’ll need to close your existing account and open a new account. If you maintain residences in 2 countries, you can have 2 PayPal accounts as long as only one is a Business account.

I hope this helps,

Donna

Login to Me Too

Rstanley
Hey Arda - it does help. It helps in making sure I never use PayPal again. For what justifiable reason would you not allow your clients to change addresses? Your primary audience is the technocrati, and they do move. Why create so many asinine barriers for your customers. Stupid
Login to Me Too

olgaviktoria

Hi I dont have the option you described in order to close the account. Under Profile I only have: 

Add/Edit Email
Add/Edit Bank Account
Add/Edit Credit Card
Add/Edit Street Address

Also I dont have any SETTINGS button anywhere.

Any other idea?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi olgaviktoria,

Apologies for the delayed response.

You need to actually click on the work 'profile' rather than hover over it and a new page will load. Here's what you need to do from there- http://tinyurl.com/kvzfbqy 

Hope this helps!

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Ovi-K
Contributor
Contributor

Seriously now... when are you going to fix this ? I cant close the account. I have regular payment scheduled and if I close it I will lose the promotional contracts I made. In a world of mobility is inadmissible to have a flaw like that. Can you imagine people creating 2nd email account just to have a 2nd PayPal account due to a flaw in your system ??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi Ovi-K,
Welcome to our community page

I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. I am afraid you need to cancel the scheduled payment before closing your PayPal account. This is due to design of the system. If you think you might want to use PayPal in the future, it's not necessary to close your account. You can use your account as often or as little as you wish. There is no fee to keep your account open.

I hope this info helps. Thanks for posting!
Arda

Login to Me Too

NunoFilipe
New Community Member

With who should we speak to change Paypal internal design? Doesn't make sense that we need to close our Paypal account just to add a different Bank location, I have moved to 4 different countries in the last years, but only recently had a different Bank Account, why should I loose all the data from bank movements until now? How great is your system that permits you to add the correct address with the wrong country?

Login to Me Too

BabyPink
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Moderator (Siobhan),

Thanks for this information about how to close the existing account and to open a new account (with the new address & country), in case if we are migrating from one country to another.

My question is: What happens to the history of the transaction made in the old account? Do you also migrate those transaction information from my old (closed) account to the new one?

Or how can I migrate them? I don't want to lose them.

Please let us know about it.

Login to Me Too

Pavelpetrov
New Community Member

What happens with the money from my PayPal balance?

Regards

Pavel

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.