Why does my account timeout when I'm in the middle of working?

JenBusiness
Contributor
Contributor

It seems that PayPal's "account timeout" is based on how long I've been logged into my account, instead of how long it's been since my last ACTIVITY.  I could be in the middle of creating invoices, even trying to save every 2-3 line items on invoices, but the next time I go to save the invoice, my account is timed out and I've lost whatever work I've done since my last save!  I would absolutely understand if I'm INACTIVE for 5-10 minutes... sure, log me out.  But I'm literally in the middle of working!  This is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  Can PayPal please base the timeout on how long it's been since the user has been ACTIVE? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @JenBusiness

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that your account keeps timing out when you're in the middle of something. That definitely shouldn't be happening. Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies to see if that might help? If not, I recommend reaching out to Customer Support teams through one of the options here. They may need to file a ticket with our technical support teams. 

I hope this is resolved quickly and it stops timing you out while working! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

TAGarrison
Contributor
Contributor

Your response is not helpful. Using "any" of the current contact methods with PayPal send use either "off-shore" or to AI which cannot answer most any question...unless it's about something anybody can figure out.

I was in the middle of generating an invoice and got logged out. When I returned, everything I had created was wiped out!!!!

At the very least, PayPal needs to "save" before logging out the person. This is a "HORRIBLE" practice and I'm shocked that PayPal has stooped to this level of support!
Either I talk to "off-shore" people, or I'm left trying to get AI to understand what I need - which simply doe NOT work!
What happened to the quality customer service and support PayPal has always had? I've been with PayPal more than 20 years and at this point, I'm seriously considering abandoning PayPal just because of the few issues I've had in the past month.

I also have 4 invoices that were set up for Recurring. But, PayPal never sent any of them! So that particular client is almost as unhappy about the situation as I am.

All I get from off-shore is, Oh...technical support is aware of the issue and attempting to fix the problem.
This has been going on for MONTHS! My first recurring invoice for this one client was to go out in November 2023! They are supposed to go out every 2 weeks. It's now February 2, 2024. THANKS!

Login to Me Too

JenBusiness
Contributor
Contributor

I've reached out to support before and I was told there was nothing they could do to change the timeout issue.  However, since you have confirmed that it should NOT be happening as I described, maybe I can use that in my next attempt.  Perhaps if they see that someone on the PayPal side agrees that it should not be happening, they'll take it more seriously.  And yes I've cleared history, cache, cookies, etc. several times.  It has not made a difference.    

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.