We're sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you

silouette
New Community Member

We're sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you

Why am i getting this message when i click on  manage api credentials as im trying to set up the put it on laybuy api on my shopify site. 

Login to Me Too
100 REPLIES 100

Godfredo
Contributor
Contributor

I get this message when trying to log into may account.  I thought it may have been an incorrect password, but managed to change that and had no problem doing it with code being sent to my email account.  Is it to do with PSD2 authentication?  I did not have a phone linked to my account and it says to update profile with the information but I can't log  into the account to update my profile and so it goes around and around...yet I can change the password via my email!  Very frustrating...

Login to Me Too

Sebo30

Hi.

My girlfriend got same message and couldn't confirm her account, because her phone number was completely wrong. She wrote to paypal support mail, cos she can't log in to her account and got 0 reply after a week or two. I then tried to logged in with my paypal to wrote from my account and as soon I typed all login info in, I got confirmation message, confirmed it by phone number and then this message keeps popping up "we couldn’t confirm it’s you"... now both of us can't use Paypal...

WHO TO TURN TO, TO GET THIS RESOLVED???

Login to Me Too

Samladh
Contributor
Contributor
I got the same problem today. I can still login using my laptop but not on my phone. And I cant release my money to my bank or card. Need the money badly
Login to Me Too

Khya1
How do I let this company know that I am who I say I am. When I made this account, I had a lot going on. So I may have keyed in some information wrong. Now that I’m on my feet again with a new number, I noticed I spelled my name wrong again. I need to link my account but I’m getting this message🙄
Login to Me Too

RyanHotchkiss
Contributor
Contributor

Call, insist on talking to a person, and explain your situation. Alot about PayPal makes me angry. Their customer service isn't one of those things. If you actually talk to a person, you'll be pleased with the results. I talked to a woman from WY and we ended up visiting and laughing for a half an hour. Do what it takes to talk to a Gringo(a) and you'll be fine.

Login to Me Too

ArronH
Contributor
Contributor
This error just showed for me when trying to access on my phone. Clearing history, cookies and other browsing data fixed the issue for me. Hope it helps!
Login to Me Too

bod3
Contributor
Contributor

i can get to the log in screen to enter my email and password but then it just says we cant verify your identity and i get this in the browser https://www.paypal.com/authflow/verification-failed/

Login to Me Too

PincOX

Same error, on laptop and on iPhone... *beep*

Login to Me Too

Stormcrusher
New Community Member

I just got this error too and it's annoying. One way I got around this is "forgetting my password". After I set up a new password and everything it worked fine, but then it logged me out and again the same problem. Did the same thing again and went to delete my cards. Hope this helps anyone if even for a moment.

Login to Me Too

Jahfari3
Contributor
Contributor
Same, what did you do to resolve that?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.