We're sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you

silouette
New Community Member

We're sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you

Why am i getting this message when i click on  manage api credentials as im trying to set up the put it on laybuy api on my shopify site. 

Login to Me Too
100 REPLIES 100

technolaser
Contributor
Contributor

Tried resetting my password but still get the message:

We're sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you.

Does any one have a reason why this happens or how to cure the problem?

Looks like Paypal are also using covid as an excuse for rubbish customer service. No issues deducting fees, ever.

Do they even listen to customers or read any of these support issues? Apparently not.

Hello Paypal????

Login to Me Too

UnsatisfiedUser
Contributor
Contributor

That's called "pro move".

Thousands of old, forgotten acounts were just waiting for the recent fee. Just block the user from that account by "We're sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you" error when one tries to recover password, set the fee for inactivity, offer "Contact us" only to logged in users and then watch how the income rises. IQ1000

Login to Me Too

Leerobiinson

Hey everyone having this issue, i suffered the same exhausting process of Paypal's awful customer service and lack of transparency of something so important and personal off our funds, i personally had to wait 6 months unable to access my account with the funds in, however just recieved an email that i was able to transfer the money now. Upon signing into the account it had the same issue as before 'We'Re SoRrY, wE cOuLdN't CoNfIrM iT's YoU' however i attempted to reset the password on the account and i was therefore able to access into it and transfer the money. Hope this helps for anyone!

Login to Me Too

Ivanov83

I have some problem 😞 I need to pay something today and now I'm stuck. Now wat... to judge a paypal, if I lost my service. I'm very disappointed from Paypal this time 😞

Login to Me Too

fuzzbox235

I got this error message when trying to pay for something on eBay. It wouldn't accept my phone number even though the number I was entering matched the number associated with my account. To fix it I had to log into my paypal account and change my primary currency from EUR to USD and it finally worked. Hope this helps someone. Now lets see if I can complete teh captcha necessary to submit this message. Wish me luck.

Login to Me Too

Maveen

I found a solution that worked for me today (Dec 08, 2020). This is for a US account but might work for accounts created in other countries

Logout from all paypal acounts

Go to paypal website

Scroll to bottom of page click on help and contact

on the help center page scroll to the bottom. You will see your country flag. click and change to United state (or the country of the account you want to reach)

Scroll to bottom again and click help. This should take you to US Help center page.

Scroll to bottom and Click Contact Us.

Click on password and account access.

Click on login problems

Click message us. They will ask you to log in. But You will also see an option saying "Chat us while logged out". Click on it.

This should take you to a US customer support agent (if you are lucky). It may take a while. Keep details about your account (like any linked bank account number or card number) ready. They will ask to confirm.

Agent will send you a password resest link.

Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

sev1965

Thank you very much. It really helped.

Login to Me Too

Netmate

Me also facing the same issue . No support is available. How can I Resolve this issue?!

Login to Me Too

chrisomwenga

I can't be able to log in how do I go about it. I am receiving this **bleep** of an error yet I have received payments of about $2000 

Login to Me Too

Hancock123
Contributor
Contributor
I also got same trouble with Paypal, and their CS did call me and answer message but it's been a week and no helpful solution, they keeps give excuses like issues with bank card . I call my bank , they said my card is at good conditions, they said that my internet is not stable but I do other work online perfectly, then they quote that seller's account may has some issues but they receive money normally.Paypal quote said my account is at good standing but the fact that Paypal is not stable, after thousands times I try to send money, only succeed in few times, sometimes I see my bank card to choose, but sometimes I dont. And their customers service are very slow , they must get ton of other issues with their system, what I get here is issues from 2018 but now 2021, they couldn't fix it and not really read our comment in their community
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.