VOIP issues on canada even after changed from 2 of the major providers in Quebec

jofxi
Contributor
Contributor

HI everyone.

I've been having issues withing the past few months with the account phone number. I've ditched my first registered phone number in Paypal due personal issues. This phone number was with Videotron. at the time of registration back in 2021 there was no issues. But, now attempting to change  it with other phones numbers from FIZZ (current) or BELL (previous attempt on MAY/APRIL) ...YES, I'VE CHANGED PROVIDER JUST FOR THIS. It is still saying that is a VOIP number and can't perform the action. I've contacted support via the chat and they can't do much unfortunately since for them is the same my phone number is marked as VOIP when it is not. Fizz does not provide VOIP services...

Also, based on the support side they say that they don't even see my request transaction. As a software engineer that translate to hardcoded restrictions on the web platform (frontend) which doesn't make the request to their servers (which are considered backend) ....

It is outrageous that even when I requested a list of the service providers that Paypal does not mark as VOIP in Canada. The support person was not even able to provide me that list since it DOESN'T EXIST. I mean, if a company like Paypal restrict several phone number ranges or companies. Please, provide a list of what US the users can do.

SPEND 2 HOURS on the chat with the guy that was ensuring I was not a scammer or whatever. I even send him my last FIZZ BILL WITH MY PERSONAL INFORMATION AT THIS POINT TO VALIDATE THAT IS ME AND THAT I HAVE THE PHONE NUMBER UNDER MY NAME. At this point I break...YES! I understand that is a safety measure. YES! I understand let it clear for the support that is not his fault and it was pretty obvious that it was not gonna be able to help me.

But, enforcing that kind of restriction requires to have at least validated the companies and range of phone numbers or services... I mean, do you need to validate that a phone number is from a company that provides (as I was told) "A PHYSICAL NUMBER". Just do it right

While writing the post. Got the final response that broke me... Create a new account with your number that we are restricting to change on your current account because it is not a physical number. But, who cares create a new account that is allowed...

May 14, 2024 1:08 PM

I understand that you'd like to escalate this Jorge, but we don't have any reference or a ticket number regarding with our conversation. What we can do since it's very important that you'd like to update your information in your PayPal Account, and you'd like to start using your account. 

The other option that you can explore, since you are having trouble to add your new phone number, you can set up new PayPal Account using your new phone number in that way you can start fresh.
May 14, 2024 1:31 PM
okay. I will think about it. At this point I don't feel Paypal is my way to go in that case. Creating a new account a with the phone number that it is rejected ... that doesn't even give me confidence on the platform.

Not like I will do any change and already took 2 1/2 hours of both schedule. Have a great day.

Please, fix your app instead of loosing your current users credibility.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.