US tax payer requirement for non-US citizen

DannyLee1995
Contributor
Contributor

Some days ago paypal asked me to confirm my US taxpayer status otherwise 24% of my payments will be put on hold. But I'm not a US citizen nor do I reside in US (i've never even been there in my life nor did I ever use a US card to pay for anything). I do however use services of a third party delivery service (that has a warehouse to which I buy and deliver stuff from US marketplaces to and after the deliver those goods to my country Kazakhstan). Is shopping in US online stores enough to require taxes from me?! When I try to click on the "Confirm you US taxpayer status" just a loading screen appears and the it says "thank you for your information submission"(or smth like that). 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DannyLee1995 

You didn't read the link properly OR all the way to the bottom.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DannyLee1995
Contributor
Contributor

So they're charging me taxes for using a United States - Kazakhstan delivery service? I heard IRS is brutal, but charging a person from the other side of the globe is ridiculous

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DannyLee1995 

You didn't read the link properly OR all the way to the bottom.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

danreyes189
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Still no answer. I provided the requested information and still get a loading screen. 

Note: I don't work with any US services. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @danreyes189

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues providing the requested information. I understand how confusing this process must be. I'd first recommend clearing your browser's cache, cookies, and history to see if that helps the continuous loading screen. If you're still experiencing issues after that, please reach out to our Customer Support teams for assistance. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Temp20240321
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.