Two Factor Authentication Option---?

Pete109
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have setup a 2FA Yubico usb key to be used during login, what's troubling is now I'm given the option of either receiving PayPal's 2FA 6 digit txt code or to insert the usb key; the whole point of setting up a usb key is to replace the txt key not to be presented with this as an option during login?

I would have preferred one or the other and for this to be defined by myself in my account settings better still have both enabled; PayPal has effectively nutralized the use of the usb key by presenting both options.

Btw both Google & Facebook don't do this you have to insert the usb key to gain account access why is PayPal different?

Thxs in advance..Peter

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Pete109
Contributor
Contributor

Yes well put its very disappointing as suppose to be an extra level of security that can currently be defeated before activation, given email & p/w breaches!

Work smarter not harder plse PP.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Deacondog
Contributor
Contributor
That's really unfortunate. Makes me want to just skip adding that added layer of protection with the Dual authentication- Good luck
Login to Me Too
Solved

Pete109
Contributor
Contributor

Yes well put its very disappointing as suppose to be an extra level of security that can currently be defeated before activation, given email & p/w breaches!

Work smarter not harder plse PP.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.