Trying to use PayPal in the Steam App, but can't get past the password prompt

Mossberg1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm not able to log into PayPal via the Steam (gaming) App on Android. I get to the PayPal client from within Steam, but I can't get past the 'enter email address' prompt. I enter my correct email, but it keeps resetting to blank and I can't proceed.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @luis089 and @Mossberg1

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues logging into PayPal through the steam app. If you're using a browser, I'd recommend clearing your browser's cache, cookies, and browsing history. If you're using the Steam app, I might suggest trying through a browser before deleting and downloading the app again. If you're still running into issues after that, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams to see if they can help you reset your password to log into your account. 

Best wishes to you all!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

luis089
New Community Member
Got the same error, tried to delete cache. Tried to buy games in Browser, but the app keeps opening by itself. It won't let me login to buy games via app. Desktop works fine, but it's annoying. I do my purchases mostly when im browsing my smartphone.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @luis089 and @Mossberg1

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues logging into PayPal through the steam app. If you're using a browser, I'd recommend clearing your browser's cache, cookies, and browsing history. If you're using the Steam app, I might suggest trying through a browser before deleting and downloading the app again. If you're still running into issues after that, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams to see if they can help you reset your password to log into your account. 

Best wishes to you all!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

crypticom
New Community Member
Same issue. Trying the browser if the app is installed isn't possible. All actions in the browser switches over to the app automatically. After uninstalling the app, the PayPal authentication worked fine in the browser. So, I guess we proved there's a bug in the app?
Login to Me Too

Jpmcnutt
Contributor
Contributor
Amazing. This worked for me as well!
Login to Me Too

Faltpferd
Contributor
Contributor
I don't know, why this topic is marked as solved, because it isn't. It still happens to me and the marked "solution" doesn't help at all. It works in the browser, but not in the Steam app. Don't know, who to blame here, but this needs to be solved by PayPal and Steam, not by their customers.
Login to Me Too

TheGreatDL

its now feb of 2024 and this is still a problem. uhg, lazy developers.

Login to Me Too

TheGreatDL

It's february 2024 and this still doesn't work in the steam app? What gives, this not a customer problem. I just reloaded my entire system, and this is my first attempt to use steam desktop app to buy a game via paypal. I guess paypal doesn't want us using their service.

Login to Me Too

xSaKage
Contributor
Contributor
Doesn't help, still cannot log in and why changing password would even help? We can't get to the part of the logging in widget that asks for password
Login to Me Too

albravo
New Community Member
Browser worked but had to open link in new tab group to prevent it from trying to open in the app.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.