Trapped in reset password loop

carlos5170
Contributor
Contributor

Screen Shot 16-09-2021 at 12.00.47.png

PayPal is asking me to reset my password because of tighter security.

I did. Then I tried to log in with the new password and I get this screen again.

I cannot log into my PayPal account via web or app. The same thing happens. I've been trapped in a loop.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

bfc88
New Community Member

ME TOO.. WHAT IS GOING ON? Every page I try to go to, it asks me to reset my password. It took me 10 password resets just to get to this forum / resolution center. Why is this happening??????

baddevelopers.jpg

Login to Me Too

carlos5170
Contributor
Contributor

hey, I just managed to log in. here is what I did, I cannot guarantee it will work for you, too.

- when I entered my username and password, then it asked me to enter the 6-digit 2FA code, which I have set up in my account 

- instead of entering the 6-digit 2FA code, I clicked "Have trouble logging in?" button

- PayPal then said they will send a verification code to my phone number

- I entered the verification code and it logged me in

And once I was in, I immediately logged out and tried to log in again, and it just worked. I don't see the "please reset password" page anymore.

Thanks for nothing, PayPal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@carlos5170 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.