Some pages are in the wrong language.

Snollebol
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I just got a refund from some Etsy seller because the item was never sent. However, the amount makes no sense and the seller claims it's because of paypal's fees. She does not want to look into this and it's up to me to do so. However I can't find any fees on the transaction and I am wondering if they are hidden.

I found the page regarding fees here: https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees#currency-conversion

however it's in Dutch, and this confuses me a LOT. I can't seem to change the page's language at all! Everything is set to English. The paypal website, my browser, computer etc, however since I'm in the Netherlands I think the website is localizing the help pages.

How do I change the language so I can understand what's being written there? I can't find any flag or language options, and even changing the URL (switched it from NL to EN) doesn't work.

Help?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Snollebol 

If a currency conversion is applicable on your transaction and a refund was issued beyond 1 day from the original transaction date, the currency conversion rate on the date of issued refund is used and it’s possible that the seller only refunded the amount they actually received after PayPal fees.

To switch language, go to your settings and use the language drop down menu.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.