Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

Akademisk
Contributor
Contributor

So short story, I cannot login.  I ended at my current work yesterday and when i tried logging in today its asking for a extra security through SMS or phonecall, however I dont have access to either of the two numbers listed anymore.

I then tried to go through customer support which asks me to login to then put me at same screen asking for sms or call, its a never ending circle.

What do I do ?

Login to Me Too

airelle72
New Community Member

I haven't used my Paypal account for a long while and when I tried to access it today, I realised that the phone it is registered to is my old landline. I have moved house since. I have my password and everything but I cannot get the 2 step security code to access my account and I can't find a way to get a code sent to my email address instead. Is there a way of doing this?

Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too

Tilly13
New Community Member

I have totally the same problem ! How to access my account when it’s linked to an old mobile number ...it asks to send a code to that old number ...I need to update with new mobile so I can get a code and access ! Any advice please ? 

Login to Me Too

joanfranklin
New Community Member

I live in Mexico.

I'm trying to get money from my paypal account into my back, but to link to the bank, they need to 

call me or text me. Every time I put in my phone number in Mexico, it is unsupported / rejected. I'd like

to be able to use email verification, but I don't know if I can. Please help. Thank you

Login to Me Too

tigerhareram
New Community Member

my telephone number <removed> is now not working number ,

this telephone is over beacoz i dont fund it , number dissapear

i need set new number <removed> link to my account tigerhareram

without confirm via text message or call to old number i cant log in to my acount and change number to new one

i cant log in

Login to Me Too

miaowphillips
New Community Member

Please help! I cannot log in to my account because I have changed my mobile phone number and I can't receive the login code. 

The customer support number is never available!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@miaowphillips 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kathy107
New Community Member
Hi, IM Katherine. My number is deactivated because i was NOT using IT for a long time . How should i log in now? Please help.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kathy107 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Barrel78
New Community Member

I have never had to use verification before and the number I gave years ago is now obselete. In order to change it I need to log in, in order to log in I need verifivation. In order to contact Paypal I need to log in and verify which I cannot do until I change the number.... its driving me nuts

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.