Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,985 REPLIES 4,985

Infe88
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all. As my wife has been changed number from 064 to 060, old carrier has been deleted her number from the system and when we tried to login back, it sends message to that old non existing number. What is solution, as we can't log in back? Regards.

Login to Me Too

PavlieCrowie
New Community Member

as a guy from europe i get **bleep** off totally of how idiotic system paypal has. 

I called to bank, delete my card and create new one. Problem fixed.

Login to Me Too

Monir22
Contributor
Contributor
I lost my previous phone & SIM card that’s way I don’t have access to my previous phone number , I have e mail and password for my PayPal account but I can’t login because of phone number so how I can change my phone number
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Monir22 

Ask customer services to log you in so you can add your phone number, use the guest option when you phone if you can't log in?

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

drewex
New Community Member

Logging into my older account without a phone number. I am out of states and i dont have my us phone number anymore, I tried to use my current number but thats not accepted. Anyway i can contact support over email or get around the phone number verification on the login. 

Login to Me Too

Tibby92
New Community Member

I would like to log into an old Paypal Account, but there is an old mobile phone number for the 2 factor authentication registrered. Unfortunately I cannot create a new account because it says the bank account is already connected to a different paypal account, which I do not have access to.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.