Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

Milomir014
New Community Member

Hi, I'm having an issue with logging in. In order to log in, I need to enter the code from a text message that is being sent to my old phone number, that I don't have anymore. Is there an email address I could use to request from Paypal to recover my account? Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Milomir014 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sandrine30
Contributor
Contributor
I can t login because I don t have the same phone number anymore.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sandrine30 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sandrine30
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have tried both and nothing is working, Facebook messenger are automatic answers not providing the solutions 😞

Login to Me Too

W_andz
New Community Member
Hi how do I confirm my cellphone number change years ago but not updated with PayPal now I can't log in please assist?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@W_andz 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

W_andz
New Community Member
Hi thank you let me tey
Login to Me Too

xrl001
New Community Member

Hi I cannot access my account and the number in the system is incorrect however the try another method is not working.

Login to Me Too

Boba28
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I can`t login to my account becouse it aske me to send some code on my phone and i hawe new number so how to put my new number on my paypal if i can`t login withaut that code ? 

please someone tell me what to do?

you can`t just traped ,lockdown my account like that ......

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.