Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

Sannky

Hi pls help me to change the last number on my account because I can't acces him.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sannky 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PQuinn

I was looking for ages and finally able to fix it. I had to ring the number as if i was  abroad and then got through to the service centre. then they were able to attached my  new number to the old one and got the new pin to access my account. should be much easier. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PQuinn 

It is, as per my post above, use the guest option as you don't have to be logged in to use that feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MickeyMcRealtra
Contributor
Contributor

So I've been using Paypal just fine for several months, and didn't use it for a while, until I found out Paypal's PSD2 security means I now require phone verification to log in. Except the phone number on my account is one I no longer have access to. I see many other people are having this problem.

If anybody ( Especially a Paypal moderator or staff member I can contact ) can help me in this situation, please do. Because I've tried many things and this seems to be the only thing left. Paypal doesn't even recognize my security question answers for some reason? I have roughly 500 euros worth of funds and I don't want to lose them. Again, Please help!

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @MickeyMcRealtra

the security procedure by mobile and the code received is compulsory.

he answer to your question is present many times on the subject

sim card lost or not, without valid mobile number, you need to contact paypal customer service.

Due to the fact that you do not have access to your old phone number, you will need to contact our telephone support team.

Please go to the PayPal home page and
1. Go to the Contact Us page: https://www.paypal.com - contact us
2. Select Password and account access
3. Select Connection issues

or

during working days and hours of operation

by messaging from paypal, by phone, and also on Facebook and Twitter (PayPal customer service is present above)

on paypal:

- at the bottom of the Help And Contact page

then at the bottom of the page that opens "contact us" (on the right) and finally, still at the bottom right: "call us"

if you are having trouble joining paypal, you can do so on twitter and facebook.

paypal is present on both. all you have to do is "send a private message"

( https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. )

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hey @MickeyMcRealtra,

I am sorry to hear that you are not able to access the account. If the phone number has changed you will need to contact us so we can help you access the account again. I am afraid that we cannot help you here as we can only provide general answers here. Please use the 'Help & contact' link at the bottom of each page to get in contact with us. If you follow the Password issues flow you should see the option to call or to chat with us. 

I hope you are able to contact us soon so we can help you resolve this. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

MickeyMcRealtra
Contributor
Contributor

I understand, I'll try to phone you as soon as possible. Thank you so so much for your help!

Login to Me Too

Rekurs
Contributor
Contributor

Hello to you. Thanks in advance for reading my cry for help. Some years ago, while living in Italy, I opened my account on PayPal. It was working well until the last login verification update thingy. They ask me to confirm my identity by writing a certain code I should've received by message.. But the fact I never took the time to refresh my info so the phone number they use has been inactive for at least a year now. I've been sent money on my PayPal, money that I need urgently. What can I do to retrieve my account the fastest? Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @Rekurs 

you have an account opened in russia.
for the other account, Italy, you had the obligation to close it by leaving the country (domiciliation), and to open a new account from your new country. (PayPal T&Cs)

you will not be able to put a Russian mobile number on your italy account.

the security procedure by mobile and the code received is compulsory.

he answer to your question is present many times on the subject

sim card lost or not, without valid mobile number, you need to contact paypal customer service.

Due to the fact that you do not have access to your old phone number, you will need to contact our telephone support team.

Please go to the PayPal home page and
1. Go to the Contact Us page: https://www.paypal.com - contact us
2. Select Password and account access
3. Select Connection issues

or

during working days and hours of operation

by messaging from paypal, by phone, and also on Facebook and Twitter (PayPal customer service is present above)

on paypal:

- at the bottom of the Help And Contact page

then at the bottom of the page that opens "contact us" (on the right) and finally, still at the bottom right: "call us"

if you are having trouble joining paypal, you can do so on twitter and facebook.

paypal is present on both. all you have to do is "send a private message"

( https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. )

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.