Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

mjs21leeds
Contributor
Contributor

how do i get into my account to change the phone number the message of confirmation has my old number so i can't get the security code

Login to Me Too

Novisan
Log into your account and click on 1 of the categories at the top. one of them has your profile with name, address, and phone. You can edit there.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mjs21leeds 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mjs21leeds
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thank you for your responce to my question i have now got into my paypal account

Login to Me Too

Lyn621
Contributor
Contributor

I have not used PayPal for a number of years and have changed my phone number. This number is not registered with PayPal. I am now unable to log in under the new security rules. Need help please

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lyn621 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Becky2185
New Community Member
Hello. Pls I need help on how to change my number. I do not use my old number anymore for almost 5 to y years now. Its been ages I used PayPal so I went on PayPal to login but am asked to confirm the number. The truth is I don't use that number anymore and now am having trouble changing it to my new number.k
Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @Becky2185 , you will not be able to change the number yourself.
contact paypal customer service for this.
have a good day .

from my link: contact

it is also possible on Facebook and Twitter (PayPal customer service is present above)

Login to Me Too

Leahbeauchampx1
Contributor
Contributor

I can’t login into my account as I have a new number and I need to change it to access my account

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leahbeauchampx1 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.