Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

Hannah174
New Community Member

Our phone number has been disconnected but is linked to the PayPal account - I can’t log in without a one-time code being sent to the deactivated phone number and can’t change the phone number without logging in! Please help!! PayPal only sends us in circles!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hannah174 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kelly218
Contributor
Contributor

When I try  login to my paypal i am always asked for a 2 step code either from my phone or to confirm by the app, I have 2 step off and i want to be able to login without codes.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kelly218 

Sadly paypal have made it mandatory now for security.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Anna621
Contributor
Contributor

Can't get into my account got a new mobile number

Login to Me Too

02ahmd
New Community Member

Can not log in to my account, asks for a quick security check (phone number) but literally no phone number is working.

I received an official email that's linked to my other paypal account, about money getting transferred to my account (from a friend), problem is I can't log in to the account, I tried everything! 

Whenever I try to log-in to my account, I get greeted with a Quick Security Check screen where it says "Add a Phone Number" but when I try to add my phone number/any phone number it just doesn't work.

02ahmd_0-1638006488119.png02ahmd_1-1638006496389.png02ahmd_2-1638006503029.png

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@02ahmd 

The phone number you select has to be a mobile phone already added and confirmed on your paypal account.

If you have not got one then you would need to add it once you have regained access.

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

skvid
Contributor
Contributor

I no longer have access to my mobile number, I have a new one, so I would like to delete the one associated with my account.

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @skvid , if you no longer have access to your paypal account, you will not be able to change the mobile number yourself.
you will need to contact paypal customer service.
have a good day .

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@skvid 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.