Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

kpde
New Community Member

i tried to login with username and password. Then it ask for verification. I do not have that phone number with me any longer and so logging is not possible. This is deadlock, is there way to login and update phone number without verification being asked at first time.

Login to Me Too

Pholmes2021
New Community Member
I haven't used my account for some time. When I try to login it says I need to verify my account by phone but it's my older number and doesn't give me any option to change it. How do I get around this?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pholmes2021 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FYMKratos
New Community Member
Hi, i want to log in but i need to verify my number, but i have new number. What can i do?
Login to Me Too

sagri2021
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue as well! Have you managed to find a solution to this? 

Login to Me Too

Arcadian11
Contributor
Contributor

need to close my old paypal account, but cant access it because i dont have the number that i signed up with.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arcadian11 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

emman33720
New Community Member

after changing phone number, cannot login and receives this "Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you"

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emman33720 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kamoljonoydinov
Contributor
Contributor

While logging into my paypal account named <Removed>, my phone number receives a delivery, unfortunately, I do not receive an sms code on my phone number, so it sends me to unusal activity activation, I want my emergency number to be changed, I contact the support team, they do not look, they say, send a forum, they say, you need to log in to post a forum, so you need to log in from the 2nd account. i need help please help

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.