Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

asssss
Contributor
Contributor

why do you keep saying that ? i click ''call us'' and have to loggin,just the same,,

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@asssss 

Plenty of others have seen the option to NOT log in and use the phone option as per my post.

I can only advise how to do it, sadly actually doing it is up to you to be able to manage.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Heez99
New Community Member

I lost my phone number and I cant log into to my main paypal account. where do I contact them?? 
email? Call? 
What kind of verification I need to provide them???

Login to Me Too

securescammers
New Community Member

I changed my phone number like a month ago because my SIM card kept dying. I had really big struggle to log in to PayPal due to SIM card worked maybe 1-2 seconds every few hours. So when I got message about number I have to use to log in I have logged in and changed phone number to new one and deleted old one. 

NOW THIS STUPID WEBSITE IS STILL REQUIRING ME TO USE OLD NUMBER TO LOG IN. Meanwhile when I tried to change password to see if I change password and try to log in I had to use the new phone number. 

Calling PP Customer Service is out of the way due to being unable to pay for balance to even make a call and the only Customer Service they have is over the phone.

What can I do if I can even do anything? 

Login to Me Too

behonmini
New Community Member
Hey i have to make my bissness acount to parsonal acount
Login to Me Too

Jissanggg
New Community Member
Plss help to those who know's what to do. My contact number that i used to register in paypal are lost. Now the problem is when im trying to log in it says that to verify its me they need the code that they send to my number that i lost. Can someone help me and teach me what to do or how to change my number. Plsss
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jissanggg 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Tiana11
New Community Member
I can’t login to my account after I change my mobile number. It’s always say “sorry we couldn’t confirm it’s you”. Anyone can help me for this issue?
Login to Me Too

JustDayo
Contributor
Contributor

Since the new rules kicked in while i wasn't using paypal at all, i didn't had the option to update my phone number that has been changed over the years..
While logging in- i had to Verify that its my account by entering my Credit card number- did it! Awesome, clicking next and..''We cant confirm its really you, so i have to verify by using phone number that dosnt exist anymore.. What the actual f ? How CC number wasnt enough??? If i havent logged in since changes took part atleast would have to give me a chance to update my info on return..i didn't even recive a email about changes! 
There is no email to send, what is mind blowing that in support center it says  this : if you can't log in follow these steps :  Log in To change the phone number.. are you kidding me???
only option is to to contact them trough call - if i can't call i just have to accept the fact that i got rolled by paypal??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JustDayo 

Sadly not paypals fault that for months you didn't see the message on your paypal account telling you to update any mobile phones ready for this new policy?

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.