Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

Amazimg43
Contributor
Contributor

troonatnoor
Contributor
Contributor

I use prepaid accounts that last 6 months. So I have a new phone number. And after wasting so much more of my life again trying to 'contact' someone I got a page that claimed it would send a code to an email address. I resent it over and over and never got a code. Sure, they'd love people to waste their time and money calling them. But this is supposed to be an internet service. Not telephone banking. so WTF is going on. And how do I find a way to log in, and change my phone number. Of course THAT is all about TRACKING and they SELL that information on. That is bad enough. But there is no way to USE paypal, to get into my account, because I don't use the same phone number any more. ABSURD lack of anticipation of this problem. As if designed to FORCE you to be TRACKED using a permanent phone number. Any suggestions? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@troonatnoor 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

troonatnoor
Contributor
Contributor

ABSOLUTELY OF ZERO HELP... AS I SAID ... PAYPAL IS AN INTERNET SERVICE, NOT A TELEPHONE BANKING SERVICE...AND THE ONLY REASON THEY CARE ABOUT MY PHONE NUMBER IS FOR PURPOSES OF SELLING DATA ON TO THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING OCCUPATION GOVERNMENT SPY AND CO2VID CULT TALIBAN ENFORCERS ... I LIVE IN ESTONIA, AND THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD WASTE A TON OF CASH ON CALLING THE U.S, AND PROBABLY BEING PUT ON HOLD FOREVER...PAYPAL ARE AN INTERNET SERVICE...SO IT IS ABSOLUTELY ABSURD THEY HAVE NO REAL EMAIL CONTACT FOR USERS...IT IS AN APPALLING SITUATION AND I WILL STOP USING PAYPAL THE MOMENT I FIND AN ALTERNATIVE...AND REMIND YOU ALL THAT YOUR PHONE NUMBER IS USED TO TRACK YOU...IT HAS ZERO BENEFIT FOR YOUR ACCOUNT SECURITY....

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@troonatnoor 

Well others have sorted their phone issue easily enough using the contact information above.

However if you can't or won't use then that is your issue isn't it.

I can only give you the options available, not the sense on how or if to use them.

You do not phone a U.S number when you use the phone number for Paypal posted on your countries site.

Seems you have a problem with communication in general doesn't it. Is that why you choose to post in capital letters??

If you want the link to close your account then feel free to ask for it and I will post it for you.

Meanwhile if anyone wants to track where I go and where I shop with my mobile phone they are quite welcome to do so, it won't be that interesting though.   😊

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kkmk8809
New Community Member
Why my savings bank account cannot be set up? I have an old account with old phone number which i am no longer using. How do i update to my new number?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kkmk8809 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nelliusus
Contributor
Contributor

Hello community!

Please help me. I cannot login, because I do not have this phone number anymore. there is no other way to verify the account, so I am shucked here. I have called about 100 times and none ever answers the phone. Any advise what to do? Thank you and have a happy day! Nelly

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nelliusus 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Robarto
Contributor
Contributor
I lost my phone number how can I can It's confirm my identity now,how can I add a new phone number
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.