Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Smashlie90 

Which you copy/pasted directly from my post 2 up from yours?

Not sure that was needed really.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Asghari84
Contributor
Contributor
Due to a change in my phone number, I can't use my previous mobile phone and I want to change the phone number. But you don't consider any way to change the phone number for your customers when they can't logging in.- because authentication verified is required while I don't use this number anymore-. Please investigate this problem. Now, I can’t log in PayPal account.
Login to Me Too

chriscarrot
New Community Member
Following this also have same problems can't change old number to new number to login
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Asghari84 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MickyT42
Contributor
Contributor
I am unable to access settings to change my details?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_MariaI

Hello, @MickyT42!

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties while trying to change your details. 

Do you have access to the account? If you don't, the best to do is to give our Customer Care a call. In order to call our Customer Care, you can access the PayPal website, and choose the flag of the country of your account at the end of the page, on the right-hand side. Then go to the 'Help and Contact' section at the bottom and click on ‘Contact’. Next, click on 'Password and account access', then 'Login Problems’. You don’t need to be logged in to use this feature.

If you do have access to the account, I recommend you try again from the browser, not from the mobile app.

I hope this information helps. 

Regards, 

María. 

Login to Me Too

MickyT42
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Maria, thanks for your reply. I tried to log in to the website but then it asks me to verify log in saying it will text or call me on my old phone number and with no option to change to my new number? Thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MickyT42 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ksilva914
New Community Member
How do I verify my identity with my existing number on my account? It only tells me to add a number so they can txt me,but when I add my primary and 2nd number it tells me this number is not supported.ive talked to 5 different people at PayPal,and I'm still in the same position.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ksilva914 

Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?

Have you confirmed it?

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-mobile-phone-number-with-paypal-faq3...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.