Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed - can't log in

Options
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@Bradliv83 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Options
Ste1981
New Community Member
Hi tried this just go round in circles with robot

Options
Kateblair
Contributor
My contact details on PayPal need updating but unable to log in due to two factor log in as it uses my old phone number. Will not allow me to log in another way

Options
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@Kateblair 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.

Options
Kateblair
Contributor
Thank you

Options
WolfLake
Contributor
Can't get verification number thriugh SMS because haven't my old telephone number 😞

Options
Smashlie90
New Community Member
(Literally posting solutions I found useful when I was facing some problem. Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages. If you go to the HELP & CONTACT icon on the PayPal WEBSITE click the CONTACT US link on the bottom (right?) of the page. From here, click the PASSWORD & ACCOUNT ACCESS option, then LOGIN PROBLEMS. On the next page, choose the CALL US option. You shouldn't need to be logged in to use this feature. 1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in). 2. Live chat is also randomly available. 3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out. 4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook/Twitter? Facebook: www.facebook.com/PayPal Twitter: @AskPayPal

Options
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@Smashlie90 

Which you copy/pasted directly from my post 2 up from yours?

Not sure that was needed really.

Advice is voluntary.

Options
Asghari84
Contributor
Due to a change in my phone number, I can't use my previous mobile phone and I want to change the phone number. But you don't consider any way to change the phone number for your customers when they can't logging in.- because authentication verified is required while I don't use this number anymore-. Please investigate this problem. Now, I can’t log in PayPal account.

Options
chriscarrot
New Community Member
Following this also have same problems can't change old number to new number to login

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.