Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

CLT88
New Community Member
I no longer have my initial phone number. How do I change it when I can't login because its going to call/text my old number?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CLT88 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mariekeladrak4
New Community Member

I lost my phone and sinds then I can't sign in into my PayPal account anymore. I try to be in contact with PayPal,  which seems to be impossible without login into my account first what is impossible. Paypal does not have an email adres to be in contact with, no working phone numbers. What can I do, I would like to have my money back what is on my Paypal account.

Who can help me with this situation?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mariekeladrak4 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Iriswxr
New Community Member
I have not use my paypal account for a long time.Now I am using a new phone number(the old one is logout),so I cannot receive the verification code when I want to login.How can I login by another way to skip the phone verification and change my phone number?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Iriswxr 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sdagama92
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I no longer have the mobile number linked to my PayPal account. How can I change it to a new number please?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sdagama92 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ4469

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

WolfLake
Contributor
Contributor
Can't get verification number thriugh SMS because haven't my old telephone number 😞
Login to Me Too

Smashlie90
New Community Member
(Literally posting solutions I found useful when I was facing some problem. Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages. If you go to the HELP & CONTACT icon on the PayPal WEBSITE click the CONTACT US link on the bottom (right?) of the page. From here, click the PASSWORD & ACCOUNT ACCESS option, then LOGIN PROBLEMS. On the next page, choose the CALL US option. You shouldn't need to be logged in to use this feature. 1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in). 2. Live chat is also randomly available. 3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out. 4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook/Twitter? Facebook: www.facebook.com/PayPal Twitter: @AskPayPal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.