Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

jhč
Contributor
Contributor

I do not know why this is mark as "solved" because it is not - I do not want to repeat my self, so here is the answer:
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Account/Can-t-access-account-PSD2-Old-phone-number/m-p/261910...

Kind regards

Login to Me Too

JaminJosh
Contributor
Contributor

I thank you for trying to find a solution for so many people with the same problem... BUT can I just point out - NOT A SINGFLE one of these solutions are done or offered by PAYPAL... it requires us to go back and forth, installing new browsers, apps crossing various social media platforms JUST TO get attention... Enough already. Paypal can keep their account. I am not that desperate to pay a company commission who does nothing for me. I am better off using my Credit Card Company. 

Login to Me Too

oxtondel
Contributor
Contributor

How the hell do I change my phone number all that keeps happening is I go round in circles

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@oxtondel 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GiaCatNo-955
Contributor
Contributor

danielmedia73
Contributor
Contributor

Have try all that and trying to give them a call during business hours without any success..

I'm appreicate your support.

But dont they have a regular email adress which i can contact like all other businesses?

Login to Me Too

PierreMayer
Contributor
Contributor
Dear Community Members, I try to login to my account. For authentification it is forseen to get an SMS or call. Unfortunatly the phonenumbers are incorrect. I couldn‘t reach anyone on the service phone solve the problem . There is no chance to send an E-Mail to a helpdesk. How can I get this solved?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PierreMayer 

Try:

1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.

2. Use the forgotten password option several times.

3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).

4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.

5. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Moe313
Contributor
Contributor

Conniewright1
New Community Member
Hi community, my problem is login from the app on my phone no problem, log in to this community- no problem. However when trying to login to Paypal thru web to access dispute services, using all same login info- it denys me saying my credentials are wrong? And no other way to download pic's info to dispute center for my claim! Any ideas?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.