Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

anthony8689
New Community Member
Hi I’m trying to log in but have a different mobile now. What can I do as no options there to change your number
Login to Me Too

baileyhoney
New Community Member
Cant log into to profile to change mobile number
Login to Me Too

Abdulkarimdarwa
New Community Member

I can't get passed the security check as I have recently changed my phone number and did not update my paypal account with my new phone number. It's now comeback a bitten me in the backside.

How do I get around this? How can I get access to my paypal account?

Login to Me Too

Ger1892
New Community Member
Have changed my number
Login to Me Too

Scattys
New Community Member

I am trying to access my PayPal account but all it wants is verification and to telephone me a code to do this.  Issue is my phone number has changed and I cannot get to set to be without verifying.  Going round in circles.  Help!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scattys 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gfb_bugaria
New Community Member
Hey! I have a big problem! I have pay pal profile, but I chanche me number and my phone. I download the app again, but when I continue with my email and password (the are correct), the app wont a security code with SMS to my phone number (the old number who I has) and I don't have him in me..., because he is stop and I have different number! What I can make???
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gfb_bugaria 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

enquiriesalarmp
New Community Member

I have recently changed my mobile number and have tried to log into paypal and it wont let me. Everytime it tries to ring my landline it says something has gone wrong. How do I sort this please?

Login to Me Too

asir009
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have been trying to login to Paypal but I lost my phone so I can't verify from the phone. I just have access to my email. Is there a way I can verify with a new number. 

I have tried bypassing the verification by a lot of ways starting from 

1) forget password

2) changing browser

Is there any way to login by passing the security without contacting the support?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.