Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed - can't log in

Options
Go to solution
Ducklife
New Community Member
Someone sent money to my old PayPal account I don't have access to that I don't know the password and the phone number that it references to send me a code to no longer is in how do I get around that

Options
Go to solution
Danang26
New Community Member

i want to remove my old paypal account,now i want to use this new account instead of my old account so i want to remove it,i have no access to my old number and i forget my password because it is already too long time ago,and my old number is dead,is there any suggestions? thank you

Options
Go to solution
PierreMayer
Contributor
Dear Community Members, I try to login to my account. For authentification it is forseen to get an SMS or call. Unfortunatly the phonenumbers are incorrect. I couldn‘t reach anyone on the service phone solve the problem . There is no chance to send an E-Mail to a helpdesk. How can I get this solved?

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@PierreMayer 

Try:

1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.

2. Use the forgotten password option several times.

3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).

4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.

5. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Options
Go to solution
Moe313
Contributor

Options
Go to solution
Conniewright1
New Community Member
Hi community, my problem is login from the app on my phone no problem, log in to this community- no problem. However when trying to login to Paypal thru web to access dispute services, using all same login info- it denys me saying my credentials are wrong? And no other way to download pic's info to dispute center for my claim! Any ideas?

Options
Go to solution
vintini1225
Contributor

I ran into the same issue i created my account set it up and now i can not log into it it says the info is not correct

Options
Go to solution
glendahansen
New Community Member

trying to log in please help.

Options
Go to solution
BunsoRin
New Community Member

Options
Go to solution
Sunnydaler
Contributor

Hi my name is Sunday please help me for long I have been registered with PayPal but now I don't have access to the phone number I used then to register PayPal I had to open another one with another email but I can put my credit card I want to plead with admin please help me retrieve the old PayPal account with my email [removed] because anytime I. Try to log in they ask me to verify a code sent to the lost phone number and I don't have the phone number now please help me I need it urgently I can deletions this one if I can have access to that old account

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.