Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

spamspamspam

The UK is not in the EU and this **bleep**e is causing me nothing but hassle

Get rid of it!

Login to Me Too

ANGELIK1
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue! what should we do now??

Login to Me Too

nuhjeea
Contributor
Contributor

Same... none of the workarounds are working and customer service either is just an automated phone messaging system or just some random representative (if you can even get through) who can't really help you and gives you generic tips that won't work.

Login to Me Too

oceandave
Contributor
Contributor

I too have the same problem as you have. I cannot update my mobile number to my new phone. I cannot log into my account to "authenticate" it as my old number is now void. It is so frustrating for ALL of us. Paypal send a code to my old number....completely useless !!!!

Where is the person I can speak to, so they can update my number then I will be able to authenticate my account and use it again. I would like to auction stuff on Ebay...but this is preventing me from doing this...as Paypal is an easy way for everyone to pay.

So, thinking a little bit,(is that still allowed???) Ebay will LOSE money and so will Paypal.....it does seem a shame this will happen. I did read some other community comments and yes I think that once I have authenticated my account and sold all my junk on Ebay.....it will be time to close the account...and I will be sorry to do so.

I have tried logging into Help. FAQ's, and complaints but "computer says ....NO....every time as I cannot authenticate my account. Does anyone know how I can resolve this please?????

Login to Me Too

Gonzo741

I have a same troubles with old mobile phone number, it looks like there is no way around this second step authorization 

Login to Me Too

europe99
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same situation: I rarely leave the house due to disability,

hence I only have a landline, and not a mobile phone.

I just bought a new Mac, and  Apple had an authentication via land line:  they rang me up via my land-line, a robot then told me the numbers,

which I then entered as my authentication.

Why is Paypal so behind Apple?

Seriously, this is not rocket science.

If your technicians  are not up to implementing this: fire them and get some real technicians

Login to Me Too

Eei2
Contributor
Contributor
I actually moved onto the fibre broadband without a landline, as I’ve never used it. Upgraded my mobile contract too. Now can’t access my PayPal and can’t sell on eBay anymore 🙃
Login to Me Too

Henri999
Contributor
Contributor
Can you help me, my phone has been changed I don't have same 2 numbers I had how can I log in????
Login to Me Too

Bodaisy

I am having this exact same issue. I can’t log in as it wants to send a code to a number i no longer have 🙈

Login to Me Too

Eei2
Contributor
Contributor
Well, you can’t 🤡 just like the rest of us
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.