PayPal Business account in Ukraine

Vitalii0606
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all! Interested in 2 questions:
1) Is it possible to create a PayPal Business account for a Ukrainian living in Ukraine?
2) Is it possible for a Ukrainian living in another country to open a PayPal Business account?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vitalii0606 

1. No.

2. Depends on the country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vitalii0606
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply!

Where can I see the list of countries where Ukrainians are allowed to have a business account?
Are there any additional requirements, for example registration?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vitalii0606 

Paypal is country specific so you open a paypal account in the country where you are living at that moment regardless of your original nationality.

So if I was an American living in Italy then I would open an Italian account.

There is no list of countries per se as paypal varies widely country to country. If you say where they are living then I could advise further.

If they are still living in the Ukraine then they can receive paypal payments BUT only via the friends/family option (which not all countries have) but they can't receive payments for goods/services ie selling stuff.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vitalii0606
Contributor
Contributor

My friends live in Portugal and Germany.
The question is that I am planning to open an international business and I need to be able to accept international payments for services. In Ukraine I cannot make PayPal invoices. If there is such an opportunity in these countries, I would make my friends business partners. They live there permanently.
I want to do everything cleanly and according to the rules so that the PayPal account is not banned

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.