My new phone number appears as invalid in the system

shajiahang
Contributor
Contributor

I was trying to update my phone number as I just got a new number. However, when I update it in Paypal settings, it tells me that my phone number is not a valid number. I have been using it for a while for calling and texting and I don't think there is any problem with my number. I tried to call the customer support, but apparently it's impossible to get connected to a real person before my phone get hung up involuntarily. I am wondering how I can have this issue fixed?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

choukri55
Contributor
Contributor
I have same issue with my PayPal as off today I have try contacting the costumes help me out their saying that my name or something did not match requirements 🤔 I was frustrated I try ask him if he could change number and reset new the number where I get security code it is invalid hope you could change it
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @shajiahang and @choukri55 

Thank you for writing in the PayPal Help Community and welcome!

I am sorry to hear that you've run into some issues while updating your phone number in your PayPal account. I understand this must be upsetting. I recommend trying some troubleshooting steps like clearing cache, cookies, history from your browser or using a different browser/device to see if you can update your phone number. 

Also, please make sure that the number you're trying to add is issued in the same country as your account is registered and skip adding the country code while updating the phone number. You can also check this article for more resource in updating the phone number in your account. If the issue persists after trying all these, please reach out to PayPal Support team to get your phone number added to your PayPal account. 

I hope this information helps you,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.