I need to change paypal name from nickname but don't have any certificates.

coinful
New Community Member

I need to change my Paypal Account name from a nickname (Which is an option) but I can't due to not having a marriage certificate, a divorce certificate, or a deed poll. What should i do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hi, @coinful. Thanks for taking the time to add your question here on the PayPal Community Forum. I hope the following information is helpful.

If you used a nickname like Rob, in lieu of Robert, or Meg, in lieu of Margaret, you shouldn't need a marriage or divorce certificate or other legal document. You might have to call Customer Service or send a message via the Contact page, however.

If you used a non-standard nickname, it won't be possible to change that. For example if you added a name like 'Johnny Dangerous' instead of your legal name, we won't be able to change that. I'm sorry for any inconvenience, but the only option for that situation would be to close your account and then create a new one. Please add your legal name to any new account you create.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.