I keep getting email "Stay logged in on this trusted device"

slppp
Contributor
Contributor

Nothing seems wrong but I would like to stop getting this email. 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

CaelanAegana
Contributor
Contributor
Did you figure it out? I'm getting these emails every day and it's incredibly annoying.
Login to Me Too

slppp
Contributor
Contributor

no. and support wasn't helpful either. 

Login to Me Too

cheesepopcorn
New Community Member

I keep getting a "Stay logged in on this trusted device" email every single day. How do I unsubscribe?

Login to Me Too

ItsFiZ
New Community Member

I get these 2-3 times a day, and I don't even recognize the computer it lists (but no fraudulent activity happens)

Login to Me Too

cham46

Yes I get the same messages!

How can I PERMANENTLY turn off 'Trusted Device Status'? Whenever I pay for something with Paypal, I get an email from Paypal that said: 'Stay Logged In On This trusted Device' I do not want to stay logged in on ANY of my devices! I'm sick and tired of having to turn off 'Trusted Device' each time I use Paypal!!? can't I turn it off PERMANENTLY?

It may well be something that frequent users want, but I'm a casual user (once or twice a month) and I do not want it!

Could someone from Paypal reply please - It's been almost a year since the initial post!

Login to Me Too

pickaroon

"Stay logged in on this trusted device" ... I have exactly this issue, and it's quite recent.  I click the link and then I need to Log IN in order to turn it off.  Turning it off actually seems to make zero difference, to anything.  I still have to log in to pay with PayPal, and there is nothing nothing nothing about this issue in any of the help screens.

I believe this is a phishing scheme.  By a third party.  Who wants your Pay Pal Login. I don't believe it was PayPal at all.  PayPal, they want two-factor ID, they want more security questions.  Why would they inaugurate a special reduced-security program?  Who would want that?

So I changed my password and I just ignore the emails now.  PayPal, as you note, has never responded to any enquiry about this "feature."

Login to Me Too

jasong222
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed - We need to be able to turn off this option permanently.  (Turning off Trusted Device Status, not the emails).  That's a  security vulnerability that WE DO NOT NEED.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.