How to remove or edit old shipping addresses for my contacts?

Ghengiscon
Contributor
Contributor

I have multiple old addresses for some of my contacts that I want to update. For example, I buy some item, pay via PayPal, and want it shipped to my sis (who moves often). How do I clean up that list of old addresses? PayPal keeps sending me to MY address. The only time I see this list is when I’m doing a transaction like the one above.

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @abubnic,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand that you would like to remove the address from the PayPal account however, you are unable to do so as the Remove button is not available. Please be informed that, if the addresses were entered in a merchant's checkout, they will show up in other merchants' checkouts, but will not be seen in your profile and won't be able to remove those address from your end. In this situation to have it removed, you will need to contact our  Customer Service through the available contact options on our website so that our advisors can help you accordingly.

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Tres2
New Community Member
I simply called them over the phone and they deleted all of them besides the ones I asked them to keep. I don’t know if they are actually deleted or archived in there system. I just know I no longer see them when I check out.
Login to Me Too

jshingleton
Contributor
Contributor
So they were able to delete them over the phone? So there *is* a way to delete them —just not accessible to the account holder. Ludicrous! I will call and have all of the outdated addresses deleted, including to both of my now deceased parents.
Login to Me Too

Clamcakes
New Community Member

Now I have to be hypervigilant every time I order something or else the package will be sent to an address I haven't lived at in years. This makes no sense.

Login to Me Too

Whatnot77
Contributor
Contributor

It's infuriating and it has been the case for years.  They also refuse to delete them except over the phone, so I'm literally playing phone tag with a PayPal rep. Because, you know, I have nothing more important to do.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Whatnot77

Thanks for posting your experience on the PayPal Community! Welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty reaching Customer Support to request that the old addresses be removed. If you still haven't had them successfully removed, please request that "hidden gift addresses" be removed when you reach out next. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. 

I hope you receive an update soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

airplanenoise
New Community Member

it's a bit worse than that as some of the addresses in there are known fraudsters that had access to my account at one point and drained my account and shipped tons of stolen goods to their place. i hate Paypal and never use it if i can avoid it. So yeah seems like we just have to call them. sucks!

Login to Me Too

donewithyourbs
New Community Member

I just closed my account because I'm so tired of this issue. Several times now I've had purchases mistakenly go to old addresses or friends addresses because PayPal is so awful they won't fix it. If you cared about your customers you'd fix this and give your customers the tools to manage this stuff directly, not send them to a hotline.

PayPal, you are not an essential service for me or anyone else. I route transactions and money through you at my convenience, and as you've proven lately to be less convenient than the competition, I'm gone. Wish you the worst.

Login to Me Too

Willowroot

I just found out the hard way that this list exists. What a horrible trick to pull. You're one misclick away from a mistake, especially in a long list, and there is no way to fix it except get on the phone? I wonder whether they make money off of this somehow.

Login to Me Too

thedead30
New Community Member

Ha paypal,
You are worth $69.82 billion dollars, Get you head out of you behind and fix this issue.
It's infuriating not being able to remove these. I am literally not making some purchases with paypal because I have to go through so many addresses to select the right one. You can do better!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.