How do you regain access to the PayPal account of a non-profit organization?

aurielphoenix
New Community Member

Our non-profit organization recently had a change in leadership and we are unable to access our PayPal account. I tried to reset the password using the an email address but was then asked for a second factor which was a phone number of an old employee that we no longer have contact with. 

I tried calling customer service but they kept insisting that we needed to contact the person who had access to the account. I offered to provide any information they required to prove my identity and that I was authorized by the organization to access this account. However, apparently if an employee leaves your non-profit organization and you don't have the password or access to the phone number on the account then you're out of luck.

I find it difficult to accept this. Surely, there must be a way to gain access to the account. We have subscription charges coming out of our bank account every month that we are no longer using and as a non-profit we simply cannot afford this. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.