How do I change country?

Bjunker
New Community Member
I set up my account in Costa Rica while on vacation, now I am back in the U.S. and I cannot withdraw my money. Is there a way to change the country it thinks I do business in?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bjunker 

No. You’ll have to sign up for a US PayPal account with different email address, set account up completely (including adding bank account, credit/debit card, tax ID—everything has to be US-based info), then log in to the Costa Rica PayPal account and PayPal yourself into the US account.

PayPal accounts are country-specific.

The thing to do was to close out your Costa Rica account before leaving the country and open new account in new country of residence. Of course, if you still maintain residence in Costa Rica, you can keep it open.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bjunker 

No. You’ll have to sign up for a US PayPal account with different email address, set account up completely (including adding bank account, credit/debit card, tax ID—everything has to be US-based info), then log in to the Costa Rica PayPal account and PayPal yourself into the US account.

PayPal accounts are country-specific.

The thing to do was to close out your Costa Rica account before leaving the country and open new account in new country of residence. Of course, if you still maintain residence in Costa Rica, you can keep it open.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Bjunker
New Community Member
Thanks, but I didnt do that, what do I do now?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.