How can I show my business name, instead of personal name?

pilgrim1329
Contributor
Contributor

How can I show my business name, instead of personal name, to sender/receiver? My account is business use account. But, currently when I send/receive money, my personal name appears. It doesn't look professional. How can I update this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

naizarak
Contributor
Contributor

funny, i literally just created an account to ask this same question.  i have a single-member LLC registered as a sole proprietorship business account with EIN, along with my own personal info as owner including SSN.  i recently sent a payment and received a confirmation email from the merchant greeted to my full name.  my guess is they have access to the 'Business contact name' field, and there is no easy way of changing it without providing a full suite of documentation including ID and business letterhead.

so is this a new policy for increased transparency, or is there still a way to hide your personal name?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

Hi pilgrim1329, 

You will need to open a business account. Your name will always show on top of your budget, but in the business section, we will always ask customers to enter their business details. 

The business name will always show to your customers. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.