Disable shopping notifications

kevinahdean
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email this morning with this text:

You have a new PayPal Shopping notification for <merchant>. Click on the bell icon on the PayPal website or mobile app to view details.

How do I disable shopping notifications? I can't find anything in settings that allows me to do so.

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

kpx
New Community Member

kpx_0-1638563135990.png

I have received the above email twice, when I click on the view details, it just takes me to the Paypal home page. There is no bell icon on my home page, from research, it seems that business accounts do not have the bell icon (? please correct me if I am incorrect).

I tried to look through the message centre and reviewed all my past transactions but still not able to locate this notification? How to I find this shopping notification? 

Login to Me Too

RuiMFB
New Community Member

Thank you for posting your "PayPal Shopping notification for Simons" concern.  I too have received that exact same "PayPal" email and have no idea where to find this 'Simons Shopping Notification'.  I chose not to use the "PayPal" email "View details" button link just as a precaution, but going into PayPal on my own terms still leaves me without a clue.  Just glad I'm not the only one with this concern and am frankly disappointed in PayPal for not addressing this issue, especially since there are many PayPal imposter scams and all this sort of thing does is create confusion and a bit of stress and waste PayPal user's time and energy.

Login to Me Too

JoeGan

Same here, and wasn't sure of it is a real Paypal notification or phishing scam since I couldn't find any bell at the website or where to check the Simons notification that I have never shopped there!

Login to Me Too

Temp20211229
Contributor
Contributor

This is very concerning.  Our first guess is that Paypal servers got hacked.  Nobody can clearly explain this phenomenon and there is seemingly no way to disable it yet.  I hope our DATA is not compromised.  Damn.  Is anybody working on resolving this at Paypal? Just received another one of those 5 minutes ago.

Login to Me Too

Tuxxy
New Community Member

Same here. Just got this about 15 min ago and like most am concerned. I did not use the link in the email (although the link looks legit). No "Bell" icon that I can see and nothing in my MSGs.

Login to Me Too

Karamba21
New Community Member

I have the same issue. I have been receiving those emails from Simons for the last few days. I have never shopped there, and I don't know how to disable it. It's my business account, so it's a bit unnerving.

Login to Me Too

johnp784
Contributor
Contributor

This issue is still happening as of January 9th 2022.  I got a "PayPal Shopping notification for Simons" email and clicking the link only brings me to the dashboard with no further indication or anything.  What's happening with Paypal? Have they been hacked?

Login to Me Too

johnp784
Contributor
Contributor

It happened again this morning January 12th, same account lol what the HECK is going on at Paypal? Anybody working in there? Can you make the spam torrent stop? Or at least only send this stvpid notification ONCE per account?

Login to Me Too

temp20220423a
Contributor
Contributor

Still hapenning, twice for me within a week, no place in my account to disable those anoying message Grrr....
The post mentionned SOLVED , but I did not see any solution ! ! ! ! 

What did I missed ???? 
Thanks for anyone who can telle me how to disable those messages 

Login to Me Too

johnp784
Contributor
Contributor

This issue is still happening as of January 9th 2022. I got a "PayPal Shopping notification for Simons" email and clicking the link only brings me to the dashboard with no further indication or anything. There's seemingly no way to make those notifications stop.  What's happening with Paypal? Have they been hacked?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.