Changing account holder name

KGREEN19
Contributor
Contributor

I uploaded documentation for changing the account holders name. I haven't received confirmation or any form of communication since. How long does it take to change the account holders name?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KGREEN19 

They will only change it for a 2 character minor error OR for legal reasons eg marriage.

If one of those apply then you would need to wait a few weeks and then contact for an update if it hasn't happened but if its not for one of those reasons and they can't change it then you may not hear back.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KGREEN19
Contributor
Contributor
I have a business account that was started with my business partner. She is no longer with the company, and is getting tax papers each year for income she has no part of. Do you think that’s grounds for a change or should I just create new? Thanks so much for the advice thus far!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @KGREEN19,

Welcome to the PayPal Community 

​We can help you change the name on your PayPal account if it's misspelled or if you've legally changed your name, or for Legal Entities, a change of business contact name. It is not possible to change the name on your account to another person's name.

To change the name on your Business account:

1. Go to your Profile Settings.
  2. Click Personal details on the left.
  3. Next to 'Name', click Change.
  4. Select the appropriate option and click Continue.

Depending on the type of change you want to make, you may need to provide some or all of the following documents by uploading them:

• A copy of a valid photo identification showing your new name or the new business contact name (a driving licence, a passport, or any other government-issued photo identification)
  • A copy of a court-issued document showing your new name (for example, a marriage certificate or marriage license, a divorce decree, or a deed poll)
  • A copy of a recent statement for the bank account, credit card, or debit card that is listed on your PayPal account, or a recent utility bill, showing your new name and address exactly as they should appear on your PayPal account
  • An email (from the primary email address you've registered with us) clearly stating that you would like to change the name on your account

Change a Business Contact Name

To change the Business Contact Name for any business account, you must upload:

• A copy of a valid photo identification showing the new business contact name (a driving licence, a passport, or any other government-issued photo identification)
  • A letter on company letterhead stationary providing the following details: email address, current business contact name, company address, phone number and new business contact name
  • A new letter of authorisation

We don’t accept files that are sent as email attachments. If you email attachments, we'll still require you to upload your documents.

Thank you. 

-Rebecca 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.