Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block anyone not on my contacts list.

Options
cuafpr
Contributor
Posted on

Is there a way to make my account where no one can find it,  see it, or send me money/money requests unless they are on my contacts list?   the current account is a business account if that helps, I just want to lock it down to my contacts list and no one else. 

2 REPLIES 2

Options
PayPal_RachelK

Hi @cuafpr,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. 

It is not possible to block users on PayPal I'm afraid. To receive a payment or a payment request from someone, all they need to do is enter your email address. 

From time to time it can happen that people send payments by mistake by misspelling an email address. If this does happen to you, the best thing to do is send the payment back to the sender. Unless you have your email address posted publicly somewhere, others won't be able to locate your account to send a payment. 

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Options
cuafpr
Contributor

That is disappointing to hear, I'd much rather have people have to be on an approved list before being able to find me, request or even send money. I'll have to evaluate rather I stay with Paypal or not.   Or that if I need to block someone, they can't just use the information to find me on a different account.  Paypal really should consider this feature as approval/safelist only is a much better security method for accounts.  Obviously, It would be optional

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.