Block anyone not on my contacts list.

cuafpr
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to make my account where no one can find it,  see it, or send me money/money requests unless they are on my contacts list?   the current account is a business account if that helps, I just want to lock it down to my contacts list and no one else. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @cuafpr,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. 

It is not possible to block users on PayPal I'm afraid. To receive a payment or a payment request from someone, all they need to do is enter your email address. 

From time to time it can happen that people send payments by mistake by misspelling an email address. If this does happen to you, the best thing to do is send the payment back to the sender. Unless you have your email address posted publicly somewhere, others won't be able to locate your account to send a payment. 

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

cuafpr
Contributor
Contributor

That is disappointing to hear, I'd much rather have people have to be on an approved list before being able to find me, request or even send money. I'll have to evaluate rather I stay with Paypal or not.   Or that if I need to block someone, they can't just use the information to find me on a different account.  Paypal really should consider this feature as approval/safelist only is a much better security method for accounts.  Obviously, It would be optional

Login to Me Too

rebeculus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_RachelK,

I received a request for money from some random person. I googled and found that it’s a scam. I’ve since canceled the request but I want to block the user from doing that again. It seems that unless they are on my contact list, I can’t block them?? Do I add them to my contact list and then block them??

thanks. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @rebeculus,

Thank you for your post! Welcome to the Community Forum!

I'm sorry to hear about the money request that you received. Your proposed solution would work if they are in your contacts list already. However, it is not possible to manually add a contact to the list, as I believe @PayPal_RachelK was saying earlier. If you need instructions for blocking someone who is already in your contacts list, please take a look at this linked Help Center Article.

I am sorry for the inconvenience and I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.