This is NOT helpful!
On my computer (in 2021, I gave the date because things have clearly changed!) there is NO "cog" or "gear" icon AT ALL. there is ONLY a LOG OUT button to push, from the drop down menu that pops up from my little Icon in the top Right side of the screen.
I'm not on a phone but on a laptop.
Maybe this makes a difference, but it shouldn't; by this time ALL platforms should reflect pretty much the same layout and functioning. =-(!
Pay Pal has made it impossible to even shut down my own account!
Weep with me for we have created HELL not heaven with our technologies!
Other threads and advice is NOT wrong.
It depends on the country you are in and the account type you have.
My advice which was correct for the OP as they had a personal paypal account in the U.K so please don't state advice is incorrect when it is not.
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Cancel pending payment in Security and Fraud Archives
- New account permanently limited right after setting up in Security and Fraud Archives
- too many adresses in paypal when buying stuff, in personal settings hoewever right adress in Managing Account Archives
- Can't TRANSFER money to my Bank in Transactions Archives
- Pay in 4 charging me as well as the retailer? in Products & Services Archives