"We're sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you", locked out of account with no way to retrieve it

Catastor
Contributor
Contributor

I have an account where somehow, the password is not working. Ok. So I go to forgot password as per usual and typed in the email. Then, it just comes up, "We're sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you"....???

There is money in the account (gift) with no bank card attached to it, so calling customer service does nothing. No messaging paypal for help, no calling for help, no nothing, deadlocked. Worst customer service I have ever seen.

So what do? How do I even get the account back when there is absolutely nothing to call or message??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Catastor

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues contacting our Customer Support and logging into your PayPal account. There are a few different ways you can troubleshoot logging into your account. The best option I can recommend is listed here: How do I reset my password if I forgot my email address?

Likewise, there are a few ways to reach out Customer Support teams as well, most all listed here: How do I contact PayPal customer service?

My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.