how to change your username on Paypal?

emmacarty
New Community Member

Is it possible to change your username on PayPal? I know you can change your proper name but what about the @username or do I have to delete my whole account and start again?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emmacarty 

Forum username or do you mean your paypal.me account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @emmacarty,

Welcome to the PayPal Community, and thank you for your post!

As @kernowlass mentioned, there's a difference between the username you use here and the username on your PayPal account that follows the @ sign. It's associated with your PayPal.me address, but can also be used alone by itself when someone sends you a payment in the Send Money process. To request a change to this username, please contact PayPal Customer Service and request that they assist you by changing your username. Make sure that they understand that it is your PayPal.me username, and not your real name that you need assistance with. There may be confusion there otherwise.

I hope this is able to be resolved for you quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.