change of postal address / modification changement d'adresse postale

migueshlukt
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I changed my address on my paypal account, I also did it for my visa card in the wallet.
I also set this as my primary address (default address) and deleted the old one so that only the new one is used.
I have a bank card linked to my account but it does not use a postal address.

So far so good, I have been able to make the change to my address. I assume that I did not change my country when I changed my address.

Unfortunately my old address is still retained when I make online purchases with my paypal account, the address provided by paypal remains the old one, whereas it no longer appears when I connect to my paypal account.

I don't understand why. Could you help me?

Bonjour,

J'ai changer mon adresse sur mon compte paypal, je l'ai également fait pour ma carte visa dans le portefeuille.
J'ai également défini celle ci comme adresse primaire (adresse par défaut) j'ai d'ailleurs supprrimer l'ancienne afin que seule la nouvelle ne subsite.
a part ma carte visa, j'ai une carte bancaire lié à mon compte mais celle ci n'utilise pas d'adresse postale.

Jusque là tout est OK, j'ai bien pu faire la modification de mon adresse. Je présice que je n'ai pas changer de pays lors de mon changement d'adresse.

Hélas mon ancienne adresse est encore retenue lorsque je fais des achats en ligne avec mon compte Paypal, l'adresse fournie par paypal reste l'ancienne, alors que celle ci n'apparait plus lorsque je me connecte à mon compte paypal.

Je ne comprend pas du tout pourquoi.. Pourriez vous m’aidez ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @migueshlukt,

Thank you for your post. 

I do understand your concern with this. It sounds like your old address may still be on your account, however, you may not have the option to remove it. I would suggest you contact our customer support to have this manually removed. This can be done by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

I hope you get this sorted!

- Rachel 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@migueshlukt 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

migueshlukt
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @kernowlass I haven't changed my country at all. Just the streets and I even stay in the same town. I have only moved from street to street but I still live in the same country. I think that what you are talking about is not appropriate.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@migueshlukt 

Well as you said this.....

I did not change country during my change of address.

Sounds as if you moved countries but couldn't change your country when changing address which is why I gave the above advice.

However as my advice was inappropriate I won't give any further advice. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

migueshlukt
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Sorry, I wasn't saying it's inappropriate in a pejorative way. I meant it in the sense that it seemed to me that you misunderstood.

But apparently it was I who misunderstood.

I never changed the country of residence in my paypal account.

Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @migueshlukt,

Thank you for your post. 

I do understand your concern with this. It sounds like your old address may still be on your account, however, you may not have the option to remove it. I would suggest you contact our customer support to have this manually removed. This can be done by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

I hope you get this sorted!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

migueshlukt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_RachelK 

Okay, thank you very much for your answer and your understanding.

Have a nice evening.

Login to Me Too

migueshlukt
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_RachelK

I'm sorry

However, when I click on contact at the bottom of the page, it only offers me the forum or dispute manager. Litigation manager is only in the case of billing related disputes. But I can't find a direct call number or email address to explain my problem.

Do you know a contact number?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_MariaI

Hello, @migueshlukt!

Thank you for your response. 

I'm sorry to hear you are unable to find the 'Call us' option. Please follow these steps: go to the 'Help and Contact' section at the bottom and click on ‘Contact’. Next, click on 'Password and account access', 'Login Problems’ and then you will see the 'Call us' option. Here you will find the phone number. 

I hope it helps.

María. 

Login to Me Too

migueshlukt
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @PayPal_Marial Thank you so much for your help. Take care
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.