Will PayPal reveal my updated name on previous transactions for recipients to see?

Mendo_Till
Contributor
Contributor

I had opened an account under a different name (a pseudonym), and I sent PayPal a photo of my driver's license with my actual name and SSN information since they had asked to verify my account.

Prior to uploading my documents to Paypal, I had sent money "anonymously" (under the pseudonym) to a friend and do not wish for her to find out that it was actually me that sent that money. 

I have two questions:

1. Will PayPal automatically update my name on my account with the name on the uploaded documents?

2. If so, will PayPal also update my name on the recipient's previous transaction records, revealing my real name to them?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mendo_Till wrote:

I had opened an account under a different name (a pseudonym), and I sent PayPal a photo of my driver's license with my actual name and SSN information since they had asked to verify my account.

Prior to uploading my documents to Paypal, I had sent money "anonymously" (under the pseudonym) to a friend and do not wish for her to find out that it was actually me that sent that money. 

I have two questions:

1. Will PayPal automatically update my name on my account with the name on the uploaded documents?

2. If so, will PayPal also update my name on the recipient's previous transaction records, revealing my real name to them?

1. No. You may find your PayPal account limited or permanently limited (banned) and can never use PayPal again because you used fictitious name and any new account you try to open will be crossed referenced to bad account and banned too.

2. No, it will not.

I know people wanna be cute and all to surprise their friend or whatever but PayPal is not a toy, it is a serious financial instrument. There is no such thing as anonymous with PayPal. And security is high priority.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.