Where is Paypal SMS?

MisterMC
Contributor
Contributor

Help! I am not receiving Paypal codes by sms, what's the fix?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Aarc123
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi MisterMC, thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

I understand that you are looking to receive the codes to your phone number. 

If you’re not receiving a text from us, you may need to contact your mobile phone carrier and ask them to turn on short-code text messaging.

Depending on the transaction/activity we’ll send you one of 2 texts. We may send you a text asking you to confirm your activity (by replying 1

for yes or 2 for no). Or, we’ll send a text with a 6-digit code that you’ll need to enter on the screen.

The code is in the body of the text and not the from PayPal number. Please click here to know more information on text to receive. 

Hope this information helps.

Aarthi

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Aarc123
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi MisterMC, thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

I understand that you are looking to receive the codes to your phone number. 

If you’re not receiving a text from us, you may need to contact your mobile phone carrier and ask them to turn on short-code text messaging.

Depending on the transaction/activity we’ll send you one of 2 texts. We may send you a text asking you to confirm your activity (by replying 1

for yes or 2 for no). Or, we’ll send a text with a 6-digit code that you’ll need to enter on the screen.

The code is in the body of the text and not the from PayPal number. Please click here to know more information on text to receive. 

Hope this information helps.

Aarthi

Login to Me Too

MisterMC
Contributor
Contributor

Replying to my own message! The code was sent by PayPal via WhatsApp that's why I couldnt find it, rather than by 'regular' text messaging

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.