What to do when you lose the number associated with the paypal account and cant login without OTP?

farazk86
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have been away from UK for over an year due to covid related travel restrictions and I may be away from UK for another 6 months. I had a pay as you go number which was recently deactivated due to not being topped up. So I lost the number and I contacted my SIM provider, even if I do top up now I cant get my number back.

When trying to login to paypal, I get asked to enter the OTP that was messaged to my number. The number which I dont have any more and now cant log into paypal account.

Any suggestions please on what my options are at this stage?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@farazk86 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@farazk86 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Wordfeudhelper
New Community Member

Paypal always asks for an SMS that you do not have, because you do not have the number and you want to change, delete that phone number, but you have no option because you will not receive an SMS to get into your account change it.

If you will lose your phone number you do not have the opportunity to access your Paypal account or contact the company to solve it.

Regards: Wordfeud helper

Login to Me Too

Sharpinthefang
New Community Member

Did you get a solution to this? I left the UK 6 years ago and people don't use Paypal in New Zealand. I want to use ebay, but can't use my paypal account as i can't get past the login page requesting verification on a number i deleted 6 years ago...

Calling them is not an option as they don't have a NZ based centre to call...

Login to Me Too

farazk86
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, they dont have paypal in my current country as well. But I just called their UK helpine <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.